The many faces of Trance Gemini

Thoughts and questions about the various Andromeda characters.
kerryleanne
What is 2 + 5?: 7

The many faces of Trance Gemini

Post by kerryleanne » Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Ok so obviously Trance goes through some changes during the 5 seasons and i was just wondering if you all have a favorite Trance and if so which and why?

banshee
Site Admin
What is 2 + 5?: 0

Re: The many faces of Trance Gemini

Post by banshee » Thu May 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Personally, I'm a fan of bad-ass Season 2/3 Trance. Just after the change, it was SO awesome to see her loaded with weapons. And when she pulls out those knives in Dance of the Mayflies I actually squeeeeed.

So um.. my answer is bad-ass Trance :)

Ascendant Angel

Post by Ascendant Angel » Thu May 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Just to give fair warning, there be spoilers here for S3 and S5

*time to avert you eyes if you are not yet spoiled*

I think I liked S3/4 Trance best in terms of character because she was still all bad ass, but had also softened up a bit as well. When she initially changed she was quite harsh both in terms of physical appearance and personality. We had an older Trance who's been though a lot and has lost her light-hearted playful spirit. By the beginning of season 3 we start to see this return again.

Saying that my favourite look for Trance is her S5 one. I love the long curls and the soft dresses she looked so pretty but having lost all her memories she lost her bad ass side to large degree as well, and she depended on Dylan a lot more which I wasn't overly fond of.
Formally known as Rommie's Voice
Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AscendantAngel come on you know you want to!

Darth.Hunter
What is 2 + 5?: 0

Post by Darth.Hunter » Thu May 14, 2009 9:33 pm

Favourite look: Season 2-4. I can't quite decide. Her look almost stayed the same, but the make-up changed a bit over time. The earlier one was more colorful and I like how they accentuated her eyes with the red stripes. When they had bright lighting however (outdoors), it did look somewhat artificial.
The later make-up (season 4) did look appropriate to any lighting conditions, but the accentuated eyes were gone - which is a pity, since she's got beautiful eyes :)

I really enjoyed her change of look. With her true nature being revealed later on, I think the time was due for her physical look to resemble something that you would take more seriously. And I think that look underlined Laura's natural beauty much more than any other look. Season 5 had a somewhat strange hairdo ^^

In terms of character, it's more difficult. Laura herself liked the older character best since it was more fun to play the somewhat clumsy, playful person. But she had her very profound moments as well. My favourite being "Pitiless as the Sun", where she switches between half a dozen characters and plays a nasty game with her interrogator. She reveals much about herself in that episode, but the viewer is left unsure about what of her many facets were actually true (until you read Coda - without it, you can't understand the episode).

But I think my favourite is still the season 2-4 character. She is to be taken seriously and is a stronger character. But she is very caring as well and still has that little chaotic spirit in her that surfaces more than once in a while. Remember Harper and her doing a race with the Andromeda against a Nietzschean cruiser while Dylan is sleeping? ;)

All in all, she's my favourite character of all scifi series I've watched so far.
"Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling in desperation to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds"
Wayfinder First Order Hasturi aka "The Mad Perseid" 217 AFC

poundpuppy29

Post by poundpuppy29 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Trance was my fav character throughout the series she was always interesting
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254 ... dasig3.jpg
My Fav Scifi & Fantasy TV Shows, Movies & Franchises, My Fav Characters & Ships, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom

mizor

Post by mizor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:53 am

Purple trance and Season 5 Trance.