Top 10 Rommie Scenes

Thoughts and questions about the various Andromeda characters.
Pic
What is 2 + 5?: 7

Top 10 Rommie Scenes

Post by Pic » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:14 pm

For fun (and for getting ahead of myself) I would love to hear your top 10 Rommie scenes.
You don't have to list 10, you can list more than 10. I don't care. ;)

I'll start off with one.

Episode 1.05 Double Helix

HARPER: You're welcome.
ROMMIE: For what?
HARPER: The lips. I spent a long time getting those just the right shape, right texture.
ROMMIE: Hm, how very thoughtful of you.
HARPER: What, you don't like 'em?
ROMMIE: No. No, I do. They're very lip like.
HARPER: Then why the look? Which, by the way remember, I programmed into your facial vectors to express displeasure.
ROMMIE: I can't help but notice that you engineered my humanoid form with certain features that, strictly speaking, aren't necessary for my normal operations.
HARPER: Ahhh...
ROMMIE: I guess I'm wondering Harper, when you made this body, who did you do it for?
HARPER: Ah, wh-uh, well - for you, Rommie. Absolutely! For... OK, I know that look, too. It means "Harper you're full of it." Uhhhh, technically for both of us?
ROMMIE: Oh, really?
HARPER: OK, Rommie, you're taking this all wrong. I mean, for you because I wanted you to feel the full advantages of being a human woman, you deserve it. And, for me in the capacity of an engineer who prides himself on perfectionism, I just wanted everything to be just right.
ROMMIE: So, when you handled certain parts of me, did you wear gloves?

Ascendant Angel

Re: Top 10 Rommie Scenes

Post by Ascendant Angel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:00 pm

Oh fun. I'll be back with my responses later. With screen caps if I have time.
Formally known as Rommie's Voice
Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AscendantAngel come on you know you want to!

Pic

Post by Pic » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Yay!

Ascendant Angel

Post by Ascendant Angel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:12 am

Okay here goes my top ten Rommie Moments

1: A symmetry of imperfection
I really can't shorten this to just a moment, every moment of this is wonderful, but I've narrowed it down to some of the very best bits.

Without doubt my favourite Rommie moment of all time, and I'll admit Rommie wasn't the only one crying at this moment. If you need an example of how far Rommie's come since season one this would be it.

I also love this bit where she's talking to her ship self and gets so frustrated. It doesn't hurt that she looks so pretty either.

And who doesn't adore this scene at the end, she's just so happy it's really sweet.

2: Bunker Hill
Ok from here on I begin to get a bit shippy, but don't they look so sweet together? And I just love that last cap with her comforting gesture reaching back to him

3: A Rose in the Ashes
By now you might see a theme developing it's the emotional bits that get me and is it just me or does Rommie look her pretty'ist when she's all emotional?

4: It's Hour Come Round At Last
As I've already pointed out Rommie talking to her other selfs is always fun and this is no exception, kick arse fighting Rommie is also a firm favourite, especially when she's fighting to save her crew.

5: Star Crossed
Again there's just so much to love about this episode it's hard to limit it too a few moments, but I adore this first picture, you can see the affection they have for each other even in this still. You can also see the heartbreak on Rommie's face as she kills him.

6: Day of Judgement Day of Wrath
Again how can I pick a favourite moment? Every one is a treasure. Lets start with Harper telling Rommie how he feels about her, technically this may be a Harper moment but its about Rommie so I'm including it.

Also another favourite trapped Rommie, you may have noticed Rommie in peril is also a recurring theme, and doesn't she look beautiful especially in that second cap? And of course the shipper in me was never going to object to Rommie admitting she loves Harper, even if it's not in that way

And now protective Rommie looking out for Harper.

Next the fight scene, very artfully done and I love this pose.

And finally this moment where I almost forget I ship Rommie with Harper not Dylan, but you can see why yes?

7: Waking the Tyrant
This would be me being shippy here. Rommie's power is drained by powering the Maru and this time we have Harper being protective of her, and isn't that hug adorable? No that just me? Well I think it is.

8: Delenda est

Who doesn't remember and love this "when you built me..." bit though as much as I love it it also erks me a fair bit that 3 years in Rommie would even think this of Harper, she must know by now that he'd never do anything to hurt her.
She doesn't let go of his hand, this amuses me, also there's a cute kitten I love the cute kitten and I know I'm not the only one as kitty affectionately gets called the space kitty of doom.

And here we have protective Rommie again, and a hug as well, what's not to love here?

And here we return to my love of kick arse Rommie, and who doesn't love this second image? You know you do.

And now we return to the shippyness. Rommie tells Harper he may hug her just this once. Thankful he doesn't listen to the once bit as there are other hugs later such as the one above in moment 7.

9: The Spiders strategem
I can't even remember what this episodes about or just why Rommie takes off chasing Harper, but she does and I remember I love it. And look at this still Rommie is so beautiful here.

10: If the Wheel is Fixed
And finally we come to my last moment, happy Rommie. This is from the girls night in bit which is all made of win but Rommie changing her hair, with the big grin on her face, pure win, she's so happy here and I love it. Also I love the red. One day I may be brave enough to get my hair done like Rommie's s3/4 hair even though everyone says I can't pull off black/dark brown with my pale skin.

And so there we are, my top ten Rommie moments, or rather my top ten Rommie episodes as I just couldn't pick a single moment for some ok most episodes.
So what have we leant here? That I have a bit of a girl crush on Rommie, check, And If you didn't know already by now you must be convinced that I ship Rommie and Harper together. We have also discovered some other themes of mine such as my love of Kick arse fighter Rommie, Protective Rommie, emotional Rommie and Rommie in peril.
I hope you had as much fun with this as I did, and don't forget to take up pic's challenge too.
Formally known as Rommie's Voice
Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AscendantAngel come on you know you want to!

Pic

Post by Pic » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:44 am

An utterly awesome top 10 list with picspam and everything!!! Fantastic selection of images!

I know a lot of these moments but I always forget which episode some of them are from or what the storyline was (hence the aweseomness of the re-watch).