Andromeda Blu- rays

General thoughts and discussions regarding the entire show, and not about specific characters or episodes.
Ascendant Angel

Andromeda Blu- rays

Post by Ascendant Angel » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:18 am

Thought you guy might want to know this if you didn’t already.

So it appears that Tribune who held the rights for Andromeda went under and the rights have been brought by Revelation films they have started re-release of the show late last year (sep/2012).

They have re-released DVD’s and even season 1 & 2 on Blu-ray.
Season 1 blu-ray is on Amazon here
for £41.39 *Eeep*
Season 2 is on Amazon here
Season 3 was set for blu-ray release Jan this year but is still showing showing as pre order 7 months later, not sure what’s going on there.

Although they are labelled as 1080 HD from what my google flu can tell Revelation were unable to get the master copy’s so quality is more likely up scale rather than true HD. However I found only two reviews dated after the actual release one from a sci-fi mag saying it was pin sharp and another fan one that says quality was disappointing no better than the up-scale a blu-ray player provides, so if you have the DVD’s already don’t bother. Rather conflicting views.

I’d be interested to hear anyone’s opinion on Andromeda’s re-release and if anyone had heard this news are purchased blu-rays what do you think of the quality? I want to buy the blu rays but £40 is expensive and I’m out of work right now and I already have all the DVD’s.
Formally known as Rommie's Voice
Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AscendantAngel come on you know you want to!

banshee
Site Admin
What is 2 + 5?: 0

Re: Andromeda Blu- rays

Post by banshee » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi Ascendant Angel – thanks for the update!

I managed to get a copy of the Season 1 BluRay about a fortnight ago, but my computer has been getting repaired and I’ve been unable to do my own review with screencaps for comparison.

So far I’ve watched a few random episodes from the series and I gotta say.. I’m not impressed. Like you said, it’s more of a scale up than true HD.

Once I get my computer back I’ll have some pictures up for comparison. But I wouldn’t bother buying it at this point.