Tyr Anasazi

Thoughts and questions about the various Andromeda characters.
mizor
What is 2 + 5?: 7

Post by mizor » Tue May 15, 2007 4:26 am

Actually some Nietzscheans remained loyal to the Commonwealth during the civil war. Thre were NIetzscheans aboard the 'Stary Wisdom' in The Banks of the Lethe

banshee
Site Admin
What is 2 + 5?: 0

Post by banshee » Tue May 15, 2007 4:33 am

Ah, good point mizor. I'd completely forgotten about that. Actually, Khalid was seemed disappointed in the rest of the Nietzscheans.

I like Khalid.

mizor

Post by mizor » Wed May 16, 2007 1:59 am

According to All Systems a fair number of Nietzscheans remained loyal to the Commonwealth. Plot bunny alert. What wouldlife be like for a loyalist Nietzschean after the war?

banshee
Site Admin

Post by banshee » Wed May 16, 2007 6:09 am

Hey, that could easily be a challenge, you know ;)

mizor

Post by mizor » Fri May 18, 2007 6:09 am

Feel free to make it one. My plate is full with three stores I'm working on and one Beta reading project. Maybe someone will like to pick up on it.

avengingwatcher

Re: Tyr Anasazi

Post by avengingwatcher » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:30 am

from what i've seen the neitzschens were not expected to be traitors, hence the reason it was such a big suprise when they turned on the commonwealth. the long night crushed much of the beautiful side of what it mant to be a neitzschen, which is why i didn't like the depiction of drago musevni in s5. actually having read the translated Nietzsche he is NOT a strict survivalist, it would not be the highest point of humanity he did feel strongly that the common man should be elevated though i think the would have felt like the clans were against his teachings. having said all that tyr turned out to be a big dissapointment, //-spoiler-// cow-towing to the abyss like he did was just out of character for someone who felt himself superior //-spoiler-//

banshee
Site Admin

Re: Tyr Anasazi

Post by banshee » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:09 am

Hi, avengingwatcher!

I agree with your point about Drago Musevini. From the way all of the other characters reversed him throughout the series, I was really looking forward to this character that had all the personality of Tyr AND Rhade to the power of 10! But in the end he turned out to be a sad little joker of man. That being said, I haven't watched Season 5 in a while - my opinion of him is a little faded.

But I'm still upset with the way Tyr's character was written off. I can understand at the end of Season 3 when he takes his "rightful place" among the Nietzscheans, but his dealings with the Abyss in Season 4 are just.. so out of character.

For all he is a self-serving Nietzschean, he was never stupid.